Halloween Costume ideas 2015

SHORT STORY: MY RELATIONSHIP WITH A HOUSE RAT

Many years have passed since Mr. Rat left, yet I still yearn for a company like him.


SHORT STORY: MY RELATIONSHIP WITH A HOUSE RAT by Ahmed Idris

  
I once lived with a rat at my house. Unlike normal rats, this one was different. He never entered the room or any where human activity takes place. He lived in a hole in the compound, and only comes out at night when it is quiet and everyone is asleep. This is the time he uses to fend for himself.

While living with this rat, I came to respect and appreciate his thinking. As I have come to observe during his 28 months presence in our home. He always does his best to keep out of our business. Many of my family members never knew we shared a house with him. If I was not a night crawler, I would not know myself. Mr. Rat as I now address him has been a good guest I will always hope for.

On one faithful night, I had an encounter with Mr. Rat that will forever shape the way I view relationships with humans. I was looking for something in the compound when suddenly he came out his home only to see me staring at him. I made no attempt move, I just kept looking. He was composed and seemed in no hurry for the night’s activity. His whiskers were dancing to the gentle night breeze and his eyeballs were sparkling from the ray of moonlight. To my uttermost amazement, Mr. Rat looked at me as if to say “oh, bro so it’s you?” and shook his tail while quietly going about his duty. I was perplexed.

I went back to my room wondering if I was hallucinating. I sat on my bed thinking, if only people were like Mr. Rat. Life would have been less complicated. Unfortunately, people are not like that, they will intrude and impose their presence in your life. They will try by all means to involve themselves in your personal affairs. I believe if people cannot look at your life and put in a positive contribution, they should just look away and face their own troubles.  Many years have passed since Mr. Rat left, yet I still yearn for a company like him.

Writer: Anonymous
Labels:

Post a Comment

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Powered by Blogger.
Javascript DisablePlease Enable Javascript To See All Widget